Tuesday, December 6, 2011

comedy of errors update

1.2. Almost in the bag. "Return'd so soon." nearly in the bag, and the scene just needs a bit more specificity in just a moment or two and it will be ready to run. Relief.

2.1. In the bag,  just needs a bit of polishing. The "My Gold" speech is in great shape and will be a great tour de force. Putting the ladies in was not only painless but fruitful. They are so willing to play, and make such great contributes. Everything sounds clear as a bell. Relief.

3.1 Still a bit tough. William came up with a great way to start us off, but it's still stop and go. We are about to crack the scene, I can feel it. Mild relief.

4.4. Cracked open "I am an ass indeed" speech.  It's going to be great. Relief.  However, getting into it needs a bit more... the "ropes-end" set-up. Big step , but another is needed before I can clam relief. I will work this bit a bunch tomorrow.

5.1 Near crack. Me and William decide on a different approach to the monologue, and I can hear it about to  pop and crack open. Relief on the way.

Went to some "shops" and found a fun "Mistress Crupper"... I like the cheetah print:)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your account of the work and preparation for Shakespeare's play. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm a professional actor in New York.
    I have a blog where I write on acting and anything related to it. I was looking for followers and ran into your blog. I'd be very happy if you could take a look at my blog. I think you might be interested in what I write. If that is so, I'd be glad to have you as a follower, commenting and sharing your feedback whenever you have some.

    Good luck with your work on the Comedy of Errors.

    Jay Paoloni
    jacopopaoloni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4.4- why don't you go ahead and add an 'i' to 'clam'. 5.1- I hereby claim relief. that's all for now.
    -ws

    ReplyDelete